Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
Other ADR Services: ADR Training Services, Med-Arb
- Practice Commenced: 1996
- Total Mediations (as of Apr 2021): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Apr 2021): 55
Based in the GTHA, with a province-wide online practice, Colm Brannigan has over two decades of experience as a mediator and arbitrator in a wide range of two-party and multi-party disputes.
While his practice is focused on the corporate, commercial, condominium, construction, employment, insurance (non-personal injury), and real estate sectors, Colm has experience in a wide variety of other areas including workplace, family, multi-party, and disputes involving land use and alternative energy.
Colm works collaboratively with clients and counsel to effectively manage and resolve disputes in a timely and cost-efficient manner in both on-line and in-person processes and is an acknowledged leader in the use of Online Dispute Resolution in Canada.
More recently, Colm has focused on the development and use of an integrated opt-out Med-Arb process in a wide range of disputes and was the first person to be granted the Chartered Med-Arb designation by the ADR Institute of Canada.
Believing that theory must be combined with practice, Colm has designed ADR courses for various colleges and has also been a part-time ADR faculty member in the law school at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
Colm is a founding member of the Canadian Collaborative for Engagement & Conflict Management where he provides ADR & ODR training, coaching, and ADR practice consulting services (https://www.c4ecm.ca/).
- Chartered Med-Arbitrator (ADRIC)
- Fellow (CIArb)
- Chartered Arbitrator (ADRIC)
- Chartered Mediator (ADRIC)
- Certified Mediator (IMI)
- A frequent speaker at webinars, conferences, and continuing education programs on ADR topics.
- Approved Trainer, Med-Arb & ODR, ADR Institute of Canada
- Co-chair, Med-Arb Section, ADR Institute of Ontario
- Member, Regional Qualified Mediator, and Chartered Mediator Assessment Committees, ADR Institute of Ontario
- A selection of his articles on ADR topics are at https://mediate.ca/resources/articles/
- Publishes an e-newsletter, “ADR Notes” and is the founder of the “Mediate-Canada”, "Med-Arb Canada", “Arbitrate-Canada” and “ODR Canada” Groups on LinkedIn.
- Contract Disputes
- Estates & Trusts
- Family Businesses
- Human Rights Act
- Information Technology
- Land Use/Planning
- Media & Communications
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Wrongful Dismissal
• LL.M. (ADR), Osgoode Hall Law School of York University
• LL.B., Queen’s University Faculty of Law
• M.A., McMaster University
• B.A., University of Toronto.
Memberships & Affiliations
- ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO)
- ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Family Mediation Canada (FMC)
- International Mediation Institute (IMI)
- International Council for Online Dispute Resolution (ICODR)
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS)
Please call for details.