Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
51 Playter Blvd.
Toronto, ON M4K 2W1
Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
- Practice Commenced1999
- # of MEDS (as of 28/3/23)1000
- # of ARBS (as of 28/3/23)40
Online / In-Person
Warren Morris, the principal at Warren Morris Mediation, is a mediator, arbitrator and adjudicator. An expert in commercial mediation, he has a unique ability to simplify complex matters and create an atmosphere conducive to settlement. Warren is currently a part-time member of the Environmental Review Tribunal and Board of Negotiation (and formerly a member o f the Assessment Review Board), where he regularly adjudicates and mediates enviromental disputes and disputes regarding compensation for expropriated lands. Since 1999, Warren has successfully mediated a myriad of complex matters, ranging from multi-party financial reorganizations to sensitive workplace and estate disputes. Warren’s strong interpersonal skills and relaxed style assists clients – both individuals and corporations – to identify and address difficult/thorny issues head-on while maintaining the dignity and respect of everyone involved. Warren’s primary areas of expertise include:
Contracts, Real Estate, Corporate/Commercial, Partnership/Shareholder disputes, Estates, Franchise, Labour/Employment (including wrongful dismissal, harassment, discrimination, privacy) and other interpersonal workplace disputes
Warren's former teaching included acting as a Dispute Resolution Educator for the York University, Advanced Certificate in Dispute Resolution program, and as a mediation coach for CDR Associates (Boulder, Colorado) and the Stitt Feld Handy, University of Windsor Faculty of Law, ADR Workshops. As well, Warren is the Ombudsman for the Canadian and International Franchise Associations.
In the past, Warren has acted as a mediator with the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario, where he investigated and mediated access to information and privacy issues. As well, he worked as an associate with A.W.R. Inc. (Alternative Workplace Resolutions), a firm specializing in providing workplace dispute resolution services and discrimination/harassment issues, including training and coaching.
Warren has lectured/instructed on such topics as ADR, mediation, negotiations, contracts, torts, wrongful dismissal, employment law, human rights, civil procedure, investigations, legal writing and family law for such organizations as York University, the Bar Admissions Course, the ADR Institute of Ontario, the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the YMCA Enterprise Centre and the Ombudsman Association.
Earlier in his career, Warren practiced civil litigation, and was employed as legal counsel for Legal Aid Ontario and later with the Catholic Children's Aid Society. He has also completed the Canadian Securities and Professional Financial Planning courses through the Canadian Securities Institute.
When he is not mediating, Warren is a licensed mortgage broker and deals exclusive with private commercial mortgages as both a broker and an investor.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Estates & Trusts
- Land Use/Planning
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Public Policy
- Public Utilities
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Master of Law (ADR), Osgoode Hall Law School of York University, 2001;
- Bar Admissions Course, Law Society of Upper Canada, 1991;
- Bachelor of Law, University of Western Ontario, 1989;
- Bachelor of Commerce, McGill University, 1986;
Memberships & Affiliations
- ADR Institute of Canada - Chartered Mediator; (former board member and chair of complaints committee)
- Ontario Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section member (former member of the ADR Section);
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member*;
- Farm Debt Mediation Service (Agriculture Canada) - Roster Mediator;
- General Insurance Ombudservice (Insurance Bureau of Canada) - Roster Mediator;
- The International Ombudsman Association - Member*;
- Ontario Mandatory Mediation Program - Toronto Roster*;
- Canadian Human Rights Commission - Roster Mediator;
- Centre for Child and Family Mediation - Mediator*;
- Canada and Revenue Agency - Independent Third Party Reviewer;
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Independent Third Party Reviewer;
- Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals*;
Rates vary depending on the number of parties and the complexity of the matter. Typically, half-day and full-day rates are as follows:
Number of Parties ½ day session Full Day Session
2 $2,200.00 plus HST $3,600.00 plus HST
3 $2,500.00 plus HST $4,000.00 plus HST
4 $2,800.00 plus HST $4,400.00 plus HST
5 $3,100.00 plus HST $4,800.00 plus HST
The rates include all preparation, administration and travel time. The rate does not include fees for renting a hearing room or board room. Warren provides special discounts of 33.3% off for mandatory mediation under the Simplified Procdure - Rule 76 - Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure.